My Saved Recipes
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp butter (softened)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp of pancake batter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk
1. Whisk the egg until it becomes slightly lighter in color, then add in the oil and milk and mix until everything is combined. I like to use whole milk, but any type of milk will work!
2. Then add in the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk until the batter is relatively smooth and no large clumps remain. Set the batter aside while we prepare the rest.
3. Make the cinnamon sugar mixture by first combining the butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Add in 1 tbsp of the pancake batter, then mix everything until smooth. Make sure to use softened butter.
4. Fill a piping bag with the cinnamon sugar mixture and snip off the tip. If you don’t have a piping bag feel free to use a small ziplock bag and cut off a tiny edge of the corner.
5. Make the icing by whisking together powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
6. Heat up a griddle or a pan with a small amount of butter on medium heat. Once the butter is melted, scoop your batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
7. Immediately swirl on the filling over the pancakes and let it cook until small bubbles start to form, about 1-2 minutes. Then add a small tsp of water to the edge of the pan, and immediately put the lid on the pan and let it cook for another 2 minutes. I’ve found that flipping the pancake can ruin the swirl design, so using this steaming method helps cook the pancakes thoroughly without needing to flip the pancake.
8. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, making sure to butter or spray the pan between adding in pancakes.
9. Stack the pancakes, top with a generous drizzle of the icing, and enjoy! <3