Hello Fresh Faves
Street Cart-Style Chicken Bowls with Yellow Rice, White Sauc
20 minutestotal time
2 * 1 teaspoon Turmeric
2 * ½ cup Jasmine Rice
2 * 1 unit Chicken Stock Concentrate
2 * 2 unit Scallions
2 * 1 unit Lemon
2 * 1 unit Tomato
2 * 1.5 tablespoon Sour Cream
2 * 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
2 * 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 * 10 ounce Diced Chicken Thighs
2 * 1 tablespoon Shawarma Spice Blend
2 * 2 unit Whole Wheat Pitas
2 * 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
2 * 1 teaspoon Cooking Oil
2 * 3 tablespoon Butter
2 * Salt
2 * Pepper
• In a small pot, melt 1 TBSP butter over medium heat. Stir in ¼ tsp turmeric (½ tsp for 4 servings); cook stirring frequently, until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), stock concentrate, a big pinch of salt, and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, bring 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) to room temperature. Wash and dry produce. • Quarter lemon. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and a squeeze of lemon. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with Shawarma Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and scallion whites; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• Toast pitas until softened and warmed through. • Spread with softened butter, then cut each pita into quarters.
• Once rice is done, fluff with a fork; stir in half the scallion greens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. • Divide rice between bowls. Top with chicken and tomato in separate sections; season tomato with a pinch of salt. Drizzle everything with as much white sauce and hot sauce as you like; garnish with remaining scallion greens. Serve with pita and remaining lemon wedges on the side. TIP: We like to scoop up some of the rice, chicken, tomato, and sauces with a pita wedge and eat it all in one bite! Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.
20 minutestotal time