Hello Fresh Faves
Shrimp & Scallop Scampi with Parsley & Parmesan
30 minutestotal time
2 * 1 unit Lemon
2 * 2 clove Garlic
2 * ¼ ounce Parsley
2 * 10 ounce Shrimp
2 * 10 ounce Scallops
2 * 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
2 * 6 ounce Spaghetti
2 * 2 unit Chicken Stock Concentrate
2 * 2 tablespoon Garlic Herb Butter
2 * ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
2 * 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
2 * 3 tablespoon Butter
2 * Salt
2 * Pepper
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Zest and quarter lemon. Peel and finely chop garlic. Finely chop parsley. • Rinse shrimp* and pat dry with paper towels. Pat scallops* dry with paper towels. Place shrimp and scallops in a medium bowl; toss with lemon zest, ¼ of the garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of chili flakes (add more for an extra kick, or leave it out if you’re feeling spice-averse!). Season with salt and pepper.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• Heat a large pan over high heat. Once pan is hot, add shrimp and scallop mixture; spread out in an even layer and cook, stirring once, until opaque and cooked through, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in 1 TBSP plain butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted and coated. • Turn off heat; transfer to a second medium bowl (along with any cooking liquid).
• Once spaghetti is done, melt 2 TBSP plain butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for shrimp and scallops over medium heat. Add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in stock concentrates and ¼ cup pasta cooking water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Simmer until sauce has slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes.
• Stir drained spaghetti, shrimp and scallops (and any cooking liquid), garlic herb butter, half the parsley, and half the Parmesan into pan with sauce. Toss to coat. Add splashes of reserved pasta cooking water as necessary, until everything is thoroughly coated in sauce. TIP: If cheese clumps, continue stirring and adding more pasta cooking water until smooth! • Remove from heat and stir in a big squeeze of lemon juice. Season generously with salt and pepper.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Top with remaining parsley, remaining Parmesan, and chili flakes to taste. Add a big squeeze of lemon juice over top and serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.
30 minutestotal time