Green Goddess (Panera Version)
• 1 extra-large egg yolk
• 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
• 3 tablespoons minced chives
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1 cup grape seed oil
• 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1 cup packed watercress, cleaned, tough stems removed
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
1. Put the egg yolk in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup oil a drop at a time, whisking it into the egg until the mixture thickens to mayonnaise.
2. In a blender, puree the parsley, watercress, tarragon, chives, garlic, lemon juice and ½ cup oil.
3. Whisk 2 teaspoons salt, herb puree, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon pepper into the mayonnaise. Once emulsified, whisk in remaining ¼ cup oil in a slow, steady stream.