Dani Moore Recipes
French Bread From Scratch
1 1/2 T instant dry yeast
2 C warm water
1 tsp salt
5 1/2 - 6 C all purpose flour
1 Large egg beaten
-In a stand mixer, add yeast, water, salt, and 5 cups of flour.
- Knead on Slow spead until flour start to combine. * Increase spead + add in remaining four until dough pulls away from edges.
- Transfer to slightly greased bowl. cover with towel + let rise til double in size. About an hour.
- Divide dough in half. Roll wl rolling pin into large rectange. Do with both halves.
- Roll Up tighty From Long end.
- Put both in french Bread pan
- Cover + let rise 30-45 mins.
- preheat oven to 375°
- Use sharp knife to cut diagonal slashes on top of each bread loaf. about 1/4” deep.
- Brush loaves w Beaten egg.
- Bake 375° for 35-40 minutes. or Until golden Brown.