Double Chocolate Chips Cookies
•½ cup(113g) salted butter, at room temperature
•1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
•1/2 cup white sugar
•1 egg, at room temperature
•1 cup all-purpose flour
•¼ cup cocoa powder
•1 Tbsp corn flour
•½ tsp baking soda
•½ cup chocolate chips
•sea salt, to sprinkle
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter until it is light&fluffy (3-5mins).
2. Add the brown sugar and beat it with the butter.
3. Beat in the egg. Add vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, corn starch.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
6. Add chocolate chips. Using a spatula or a whisk, carefully mix them into the batter
7. Scoop out your dough into balls of equal sizes on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Press them lightly with your fingers
8. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
9. Pre heat your oven to 170C
10. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
11. After taking them out of the oven, sprinkle with sea salt and let them rest on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes.