Desserts & Baked Goods
Apple Crisp (from mom)
5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (mom changed to 1 tbsp)
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch cake pan. (mom change to 9x13)
2. Place a layer of apple slices in the pan and sprinkl with some of the lemon juice. Repeat the layers until all the apples are in the pan. Lightly press down on the apples to even them.
3. Process the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade just to combine. Add the butter and process, using repeated pulses, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Press the crumb mixture evenly over the apples, making sure the edges are well sealed.
5. Bake until the top is golden and the apples are tender, about 45min - 1 hour. Serve warm with ice cream.