1-1.5 lb chicken thigh, pork loin, or steak (skirt/flank/sirloin)
2 bell peppers, different colors, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp + 1 tbsp cumin (to taste)
1 tsp Mexican oregano
1 tsp paprika/cayenne or a mix
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
Flour tortillas (heated)
Cheese - shredded Mexican and/or queso fresco
Sour cream OR crema
1. Prepare meat. Leave steak whole, slice chicken/pork into thin strips. Season with cumin, oregano, paprika/cayenne, garlic, salt, and pepper. Heat frying or grill pan over medium high heat. Add 1/2 oil.
2. Add meat to pan. Cook steak until medium rare (130), chicken/pork until cooked through. Squeeze 1/2 lime over meat. Remove meat - if steak, let stand until slicing.
3. Wipe out pan. Turn to high. Add additional oil. Add onions and bell peppers, season with salt, pepper, cumin to taste. Cook through. Add minced garlic and jalapeño and cook an additional 30 seconds.
4. Add meat back to pan. Stir to combine. Season with additional 1/2 lime juice.
5. Serve in warm tortillas with toppings of choice.
Can also be prepared on the grill