Tart Lemon Squares
1 cup all-purpose flour
⅛ tsp salt
½ cup powdered sugar
1 stick cold, unsalted butter, grated
2 cup sugar
6 tbsp all-purpose flour
6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¾ cup lemon curd
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Typically, the crust can be made in a food processor by adding in all the ingredients until it is dough. However, if you do not have a food processor, in a large bowl add all the dry ingredients together and stir. Then, add in the cold butter (use a cheese grater to grate the butter), and with a fork or your hands, blend in the butter with the dry ingredients.
3. In a greased square pan, take the dough and use your fingertips to press the dough evenly in the square pan. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven, set aside, and allow to cool.
4. You will need a 9x9 square pan for this dish.
5. Mix in all the ingredients with your stand mixer or use your handheld mixer until the mixture is smooth. Pour this over the baked crust and place back in the oven for 25 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with candied lemon peel if you would like.