Cho. Chip. Cookies.
3/4 C. Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
1 1/4 C. firmly packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
2 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. Clabber Girl® Baking Soda
1 (6 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
1) HEAT oven to 375ºF.
2) BEAT shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
3) DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto baking sheet.
4) BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
5) If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips.
6) HEAT oven to 375ºF. Follow recipe above to prepare dough. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Spread dough evenly in pan. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars.