Keto Seafood Chowder
• 4 slices bacon chopped
• ¼ medium onion chopped
• 2 medium turnips cut into 1/2 inch cubes (24 oz)
• 2 ½ cups chicken broth or clam juice
• 1/2 teaspoon thyme
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 1/2 cups half and half
• 1.5 lb white fish, cut into 1 inch pieces (or 2 cans
• 2 tablespoon butter
6 T light cream cheese
1. In large saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper-towel lined plate.
2. Add the onion and turnips to the bacon grease and cook until the onions are tender, about minutes. Add the chicken stock/juice and simmer until the turnip is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Add the fish and continue to simmer until the fish is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir it heavy cream and the butter.
4. Sprinkle each serving with the cooked bacon.Instructions