Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
4 Chicken breasts, skinless boneless
1 tsp Garlic
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/4 tsp Onion powder
Baking & Spices
1 tsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Salt
4 oz Cream cheese
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp Olive oil or avocado oil or butter
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
10 oz Frozen spinach (thawed or 2 cups fresh spinach)
1. Make the Cheese and Spinach Filling
If using frozen spinach thaw completely and then cook it to remove as much moisture as possible.
2. Place a non-stick pan over medium heat and add the spinach cream cheese, parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined and the mixture looks creamy.
3. Cutting The Chicken Breast
Use a sharp knife to butterfly the chicken breast horizontally, so you create a pocket in the middle of your meat, being careful not to cut all the way through. Season well with chicken seasoning and set aside
4. Stuff the Chicken Pockets
Fill each chicken breast with 1/4 of the filling making sure to evenly distribute the mixture. Secure it with toothpicks.
5. Baking the Stuffed Chicken Breast
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes at 375F. If you have a meat thermometer, the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165° F (75° Celsius) when inserted in the thickest part.
Tips For Making The Best Stuffed Chicken Breast
1. This recipe is suitable for both chicken breasts and thighs. Turn the thigh inside up and fill with a smaller quantity of spinach stuffing, then wrap up and secure with toothpicks.
2. To ensure even cooking, make sure the chicken breasts have almost the same thickness.
3. When the chicken is done, take it out from the oven and cover it with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
4. You can also experiment with different fillings such as mushrooms, diced tomatoes, or crispy bacon.
5. Don’t overcook your chicken. A meat thermometer will help you in this situation. Chicken breast is ready when a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165F.
6. Allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature to make the mixing easier. Also, since we’re talking cheese, feel free to use your favorite shredded cheese instead of parmesan and mozzarella.
Amount per serving.
Total Carbs 5g
Net Carbs 3g