Ashley's Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
1 stick room temp butter
1/2 stick butter crisco
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 extra large or jumbo eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
2 cups or 1 package mini m&ms
1. Mix the butters together with a kitchenaid or electeic mixer.
2. Add sugar and mix in, then add brown sugar and mix for a good 3ish minutes or until you don't see granules
3. Crack the eggs in a mug and whisk them with a fork to incorporate more air and look for shell pieces. Add to bowl and mix well. Add vanilla. Mix until well combined.
4.Add salt and baking soda and mix.
5. Add flour a little at a time until all mixed in. DO NOT OVER MIX. This leads to hard cookies.
6. Stop mixer and make a deep hole in the dough. Pour pudding mix in hole and cover it over with dough from sides and mix a little by hand. Then mix with mixer.
7. Remove from mixing stand. Make another deep hole and add half the bag of m&ms. Using a spatula, cover with sides then add 2nd half of the bag to the top of that. Helps stir in more evenly and break fewer pieces.
8. If your dough is a little too wet in consistency, put the bowl into the freezer for 10 minutes or fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Scoop cookies onto a tray covered in parchment paper and bake first batch for 8 minutes. Check for doneness. If you like crisper then cook longer. I like mine brownie-like so I don't cook as long. Once they are out of the oven for 3 minutes, transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling.
You can sub out semi-sweet chocolate chips, heath bar pieces, Andes mint pieces, or your other favorite chip in this recipe!