Dani Moore Recipes
COOKIE Sugar Cookies
– 1 cup of unsalted butter. Room temperature
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– Two large eggs at room temperature
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon almond extract
– 3 to 4 cups all purpose, flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– In electric mixer, bowl, cream, butter, and sugar on medium Speed until light and fluffy. Approximately three minutes.
– Add eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Beat until combined.
– Add salt and 3 cups of flour. Meat until your dough is smooth. If the dough is sticky, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
– Divide out in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap.
– Refrigerate for one hour.
– Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
– Remove half of the dough and on lightly flowered surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Keep turning dough as you roll to ensure it is not sticking.
– Cut out shapes. Place back on cookie sheet.
– Place baking sheet with uncle cookies in refrigerator for 15 minutes to keep cookies from losing their shape.
– Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for five minutes before transferring to a cool rack.