Dani Moore Recipes
COOKIES Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
– 2 cups all purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh, grated lemon zest
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
– 3/4 cup salted, softened butter
– 1 cup of white sugar
– Two large egg yolks
– One large whole egg
– 1 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
– Preheat oven to 300°
– Combine flour, baking soda, lemon, zest, coriander, and poppy seeds
– Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside
– In a large bowl, cream, butter, and sugar with an electric mixer at medium Speed until forms, grainy paste
– Scrape, downsides of bowl, then add yolks, egg, and lemon extract.
– Beat at medium speed, until fully combined.
– Add flour mixture and milk at low speed. Just until combined. Do not overmix.
– Drop by rounded tablespoons into ungreased parchment paper, covered cookie sheets. 2 inches apart.
– Bake for 21 to 23 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along edges.
– Immediately transfer cookies with spatula to a cooling rack.