Spiced Salmon Salad with Carrot Slaw
4 skinless salmon fillets: cut into 2 inch pieces
2.25 teaspoons garam masala
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon honey
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 carrots, peeled and shredded
1/3 cup raisins
Leafy green (insted of lettuce): spinach/kale
1. Pat salmon dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons with garam masala
2. Combine lemon juice, cilantro, honey and remaining garam masala in bowl. Slowly whisk in 4 tablespoons oil.
3. In separate bowl, combine raisins and 3 tablespoons dressing and toss to combine
4. Heat remaining oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook salmon turning occasionally until browned all over and edges of fish flake when gently pressed, 4 to 6 minutes
5. Ass spinach to bowl with remaining dressing and toss to coat. Arrange spinach on individual plates. Top with carrot mxture and salmon. serve.
ATK: The best simple recipes