Tyler's recipe book
Instant Pot Salmon And Farro Grain Bowl With Mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 cup farro
1 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste
1 3/4 cups water
4 (4-ounce) frozen Alaska salmon fillets
3/4 cup of shiitake mushrooms
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cucumber, sliced in thin half-moons
1 avocado, sliced
Kimchi, for serving
1. Put oil in the inner pot of your Instant Pot or multicooker and turn the sauté function to high. When oil is hot, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until just aromatic. Add farro and 1 teaspoon of salt and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes, until it smells pleasantly toasty. Stir in water and turn off heat.
2. Run frozen Alaska salmon fillets under cold water to remove any ice glaze and pat dry with a paper towel. Place steamer rack trivet on top of farro and arrange Alaska salmon fillets on top (it may be partially submerged and the fillets may overlap; that’s okay). If using skin-on fillets, place skin-side down. Make sure the pressure valve is set to pressure, and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put shiitake mushrooms in stainless steel or other ovenproof bowl. Toss with sesame oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
4. In another medium bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add cucumber slices, toss to coat in vinegar mixture, and set aside.
5. Quick-release the Instant Pot by turning off the warm function and immediately turning the pressure valve to release. Once the pin drops down, take off the lid and remove salmon. Put the bowl of mushrooms on the steamer rack, cover, return valve to the pressure setting, and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Turn off the warm function and allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, then turn valve to release.
6. Spoon farro into 4 bowls. Top each with a salmon fillet plus mushrooms, pickled cucumbers, avocado, and kimchi. Spoon some of the pickling liquid from cucumbers over each bowl, along with a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.