1-1.5 lbs ground beef
1 can kidney beans
1 can seasoned black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 16oz bag frozen corn or 2 cans. I like frozen.
1 yellow onion diced
6 cloves garlic crushed
2 servings taco seasoning or 2 packets
1. In a large soup pan, swirl around the bottom Nature's Seasoning (or other seasoning salt). Turn on to medium heat. Add the onion and olive oil. Saute for about a minute then add 3 crushed garlic cloves and stir another 30 seconds.
2. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Drain the fat and return to the burner.
3. Add all of the cans (with their liquids) and the remaining ingredients. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
4. Let cook for 20 minutes and taste test. If it needs more taco seasoning, add it at this step. Sometimes it just needs a little salt.
5. Cook 5 more minutes and soup is done!
This makes a decent amount.You will have leftovers.
I like to add things to mine from time to time after I put it in my own bowl to eat like:
-scoop of sour cream
-taco chips or taco strips