Hello Fresh Faves
Middle Eastern Chickpea Bowls with Spiced Basmati Rice & Gar
40 minutestotal time
2 * 1 unit Red Onion
2 * ¼ ounce Cilantro
2 * ½ cup Basmati Rice
2 * 13.4 ounce Chickpeas
2 * 4 tablespoon Sour Cream
2 * 1 clove Garlic
2 * 1 unit Lemon
2 * 4 ounce Grape Tomatoes
2 * 1 unit Veggie Stock Concentrate
2 * 1 tablespoon Shawarma Spice Blend
2 * 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
2 * 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
2 * ½ tablespoon Butter
2 * Salt
2 * Pepper
2 * 1 teaspoon Cooking Oil
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges; mince a few wedges until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4). Peel and mince or grate garlic. Drain and rinse chickpeas; dry thoroughly with paper towels. Roughly chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot (use a medium pot for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add minced onion, half the garlic, half the Shawarma Spice (you’ll use the rest in the next step), and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), stock concentrate, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to use in step 5.
• Meanwhile, toss onion wedges, tomatoes, and chickpeas on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, remaining Shawarma Spice, pepper, and a few pinches of salt. (For 4 servings, divide everything between 2 baking sheets; roast on top and middle racks, tossing veggies and swapping rack positions halfway through roasting.) • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until veggies are tender and lightly charred and chickpeas are crispy, 18-20 minutes. (It’s natural for chickpeas to pop a bit while roasting.)
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining garlic to taste. Season with salt. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in half the cilantro and ½ TBSP butter (1 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Once veggies and chickpeas are done, remove from oven and toss with lemon zest.
• Divide rice between shallow bowls. Top with veggies and chickpeas. Drizzle with garlicky white sauce and hot sauce to taste. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Top with lemon juice to taste; serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.
40 minutestotal time