Hello Fresh Faves
Italian Chicken over Lemony Spaghetti with Zucchini & Chili
30 minutestotal time
2 * 1 unit Zucchini
2 * 1 clove Garlic
2 * 1 unit Lemon
2 * 6 ounce Spaghetti
2 * 10 ounce Chicken Cutlets
2 * 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
2 * 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
2 * 1 unit Chicken Stock Concentrate
2 * 1.5 tablespoon Sour Cream
2 * 3 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
2 * 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
2 * 2 teaspoon Cooking Oil
2 * 1 tablespoon Butter
2 * Salt
2 * Pepper
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Peel and mince garlic. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain. (Keep empty pot handy for step 5.)
• While pasta cooks, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 4-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Once zucchini is done, heat a large drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. • Once cool enough to handle, slice chicken crosswise.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pot used for spaghetti over medium-high heat. Add garlic, half the lemon zest, and a pinch of chili flakes. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 20-30 seconds. • Stir in ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water (¾ cup for 4 servings), stock concentrate, and juice from two lemon wedges (four wedges for 4). Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
• Add drained spaghetti, zucchini, sour cream, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to pot with sauce; toss to coat. • Add half the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until spaghetti is coated in a creamy sauce. • Divide pasta between bowls. Top with chicken, remaining Parmesan, remaining lemon zest, and a pinch of chili flakes if desired. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side. Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165º.
30 minutestotal time