Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
12oz Fettuccine (We use homemade pasta)
3/4 Lb Large Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined, & Tails Removed
1 stick Unsalted Butter
2 cups Heavy Cream
2 pinches Fresh Nutmeg
2 cups Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt generously. Add pasta, boil for 20 to 25 minutes or by package directions.
2. Meanwhile, arrange the shrimp in a single layer on a paper plate, and dry them with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter.
When the butter melts, raise temperature to medium high and invert the plate of shrimp over the skillet so the shrimp fall into the pan all at once. Cook the shrimp, without moving for 2 to 3 minutes until pink.
Flip the shrimp and cook about 2 more minutes or until fully cooked and pink. Remove shrimp and set aside.
4. Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining butter. Scrap the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits. When the butter is melted, whisk in the cream and nutmeg and bring to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to keep warm.
5. Whisk in Parmesan-Reggiano into the sauce. Add shrimp and pasta and toss well. Salt and pepper to taste.