Hello Fresh Faves
Pork Chops & Apple Rosemary Pan Sauce with Mashed Potatoes &
40 minutestotal time
2 * 1 unit Apple
2 * ¼ ounce Rosemary
2 * 1 unit Chicken Stock Concentrate
2 * 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
2 * 8 ounce Brussels Sprouts
2 * 12 ounce Potatoes
2 * 1.5 tablespoon Sour Cream
2 * 10 ounce Pork Chops
2 * 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 * 2 tablespoon Butter
2 * 1 teaspoon Sugar
2 * Salt
2 * Pepper
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve and core apple; dice one half into ¼-inch pieces (dice whole apple for 4 servings). Strip rosemary leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves until you have 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4). • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add diced apple and chopped rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apple is slightly softened, 4-6 minutes.
• Stir stock concentrate, ½ cup water (¾ cup for 4 servings), and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4) into pan with apple mixture. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium. Cook until apple is tender and liquid has reduced, 8-10 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in mustard and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer to a medium microwave-safe bowl and cover to keep warm. Wash out pan.
• Meanwhile, trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• While Brussels sprouts roast, dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Place in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. • Mash with sour cream, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), salt, and pepper until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, pat pork* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pan used for sauce over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side.
• Divide Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, and pork between plates. Top pork with apple pan sauce and serve. TIP: If sauce has cooled, reheat in microwave for 30 seconds or return to pan with a splash of water; cook over medium heat, stirring, until warm. Pork is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.
40 minutestotal time