Torres Family Recipe
Beef And Potatoes Queso Burrito
1 hourtotal time
• 1 lb 93/- Lean Ground Beef
• 1.5 cups (170 grams) Southern Hash browns (diced potatoes)
• 1 cup (265 grams) Salsa con Queso
• 8 La Banderita Carb Counter Lean Tortillas
• 1 can of black beans
• 4 OZ (1 cup) (18 grams per burrito) (144g total) Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
. 1 oz Taco Seasoning
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Start by adding your hashbrowns to a microwave safe bowl and thawing in the microwave.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and start browning your beef.
3. Once your beef is cooked through, add in your thawed hashbrowns and mix well.
4. Add in I ounce of taco seasoning and about 2-3 Tbsp of water. Mix well.
5. Pour in I cup of salsa con queso, mix everything together, give it a taste and add salt and pepper to preference. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
5. Pour in 1 cup of salsa con queso, mix everything together, give it a taste and add salt and pepper to preference. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
6. If you are storing these for meal prep, lay out a piece of aluminum foil, grab one of your tortillas, add a scoop of your beef mixture, top with a little cheese, fold your burrito, and wrap tightly in the aluminum foil. Repeat this step until all 6 burritos are done.
8. Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
• These are a great grab-n-go breakfast option. If you want to make them more filling, you can add in some scrambled eggs.
You can also add a little extra potatoes and possibly stretch the recipe across 12 burritos instead of 6.
• For even distribution of meals among meal containers, you can either estimate the portions, or weigh the entire batch, and divide that number by your number of meal containers. This recipe makes six meals, so it would be the total weight, divided by six. That will be your portion size per meal.
• If storing for meal prep, place into freezer safe meal containers, and place in the freezer for freshness. Take the meal out of the freezer and place it in the refrigerator the night before to let the meal thaw out.
1 hourtotal time