Dani Moore Recipes
MAIN DISH Chile Relleno
– 27 ounce can hatch whole green chilies
– 1 pound, shredded, Monterey Jack
– 1/2 pound, shredded medium cheddar
– 5 eggs
– 1 cup milk
– 1/4 cup flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
– 8 ounce jar pace picante mild
– Preheat oven to 350°
– Rinse and clean Chiles and dry thoroughly with paper towels
- Cook and season ground beef and then set aside.
- Layer: chilies, cheeses, all ground beef, chili, cheeses, and so on and so forth.
- In a large bowl, beet, eggs, flour, milk, salt, pepper, paprika, Tabasco. Beat thoroughly. Poor mixture over layered Chiles, cheeses and beef.
– Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
– Remove from oven. Pour pace over the top. Placed back in oven for five minutes.
– Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.