My Saved Recipes
Mini Beef Wellington’s
Certainly! Here's a recipe for Mini Beef Wellingtons:
- 4 beef tenderloin medallions (about 4-6 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces (225g) mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 4 slices prosciutto or Parma ham
- 4 small squares of puff pastry (about 6x6 inches each)
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
**Prepare the Beef Medallions:**
1. Season the beef medallions with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Sear the beef medallions for about 1-2 minutes on each side until they have a nice brown crust. Remove them from the skillet and allow them to cool.
**Make the Mushroom Duxelles:**
3. In the same skillet, melt the butter and sauté the chopped onions until they are translucent. Add the minced garlic, mushrooms, and thyme. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms release their moisture and it evaporates. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
**Wrap with Prosciutto:**
4. Optionally, brush the beef medallions with a thin layer of Dijon mustard. Place a slice of prosciutto or Parma ham on a clean surface, then spread a portion of the mushroom duxelles over it. Put the seared beef medallion on top, and wrap the prosciutto and mushroom mixture around the beef.
**Wrap in Puff Pastry:**
5. Roll out each square of puff pastry slightly. Place the wrapped beef medallion in the center and fold the pastry over, sealing it on all sides. Brush the top with beaten egg to give it a golden finish.
6. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the mini Beef Wellingtons on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the beef reaches your desired level of doneness (medium-rare is recommended for tenderloin).
**Rest and Serve:**
7. Allow the mini Beef Wellingtons to rest for a few minutes before serving. They can be served whole or sliced into medallion-sized portions.
These mini Beef Wellingtons are a delightful and impressive dish that combines the rich flavors of beef, mushrooms, and pastry. You can customize them with your favorite ingredients and serve them as a sophisticated appetizer or entrée for special occasions. Enjoy!